Educational Leadership
Key Points
What is Relational Trust?
- Agreement of each role(personal obligations/expectations)
- All participates remain dependent on each others to achieve desired outcomes and feel empowered by their hard work.
- Need for social respect, without this social exchanges will discontinue
- Personal regard: doing above the formal requirements of the job. This is an interesting point, and team members have discussed this point as part of judgement against teacher performance.
- Competence
- Personal Integrity
- Strong relational trust supports reform, people feel safe to experiment
- Relational trust allows for improvement, they can assume risk, handle organisational conflict and take on extra work.
- Build relational Trust day to day social exchanges
- Trust grows where actions validate those expectations
- The consistency between words and actions affirms personal integrity.
Reflection:
- I know I hold strong personal integrity along with competence. I think staff know my knowledge and expertise within teaching and value that input.
- Feedback from staff I know I don't have enough daily interactions as I am always in the office working. I need to spend more times in the classroom with students and teachers. I also need to make sure I am in the staff room talking with staff during break times.
- When setting up a date and time to do something, stick with it at all times to Validate actions. School life is busy for everyone so stick to the plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment