Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Relationships are Key

Main points from Leading from the Middle:


  • Have multiple relationships within the school and community 
  • All relationships require trust
Ways you can build trust: 

  • Showing an interest in the careers and aspirations, encouragement to take on new roles
  • Provide PD
  • Provide supporting environment with appropriate resources 
  • Open and transparent through the appraisal system 
  • Observations and being observed 
  • Participating in PD
  • Encouraging innovations that improve students learning
  • Encourage discussion within teams 
  • Developing collective ownership, shared decision making 
  • Reflect critically as a team on their progress 
  • Taking on new challenges/including changes in relationships
Reflection: 

The areas that I feel I have strength in are:

  • The knowledge and the practice and being transparent 
  • Trying to encourage discussion within the team 
  • I am developing mechanisms that lead to strong discussion or discussion of current practice  
Development: 
  • Reflecting together as a team, How well are we doing? Where are we heading? 
  • Instead of my passionate opinions driving the team to make a shared decision
  • I questions how transparent feedback and support is 

No comments:

Post a Comment