Thursday, 15 June 2017

Moving into a Principal Role (Starting a new job)

Building Relational Trust

Louise talks about the imprtant to have trust to engage people, to develop a shared vision and paddling in the same direction.

Things to consider when starting a new role:
- Meeting staff 1:1 and asking
1. What are your values?
2. what are your aspirations?
3. What suggestions do you have for improvement?
4. How do you see your career developing?

- Be visible every day. I think I am able to do this on a daily basis but as the pressures of meeting, dealing with complex needs children  it can become difficult at times. This is a good reflection to ensure this visibility continues. I think I will make a list each day to ensure these interactions are planned for and purposeful.

- Attend community events. This has to be the focus in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment