Thursday, 15 June 2017

Social Styles (Bolton and Bolton) Who AM I?


Who am I? 

Answering the questions I was very aware that I used to be very task driven with not really showing or revealing much emotion (previous feedback). I tried to answer the questions as honestly as possible.

Analytical
- Logical, deliberate and reserved (I agree)
- Need to be right (I agree)
- Thinks about data
- Withdraws from conflict- this is something I have been aware of and now try to face it in a respectful. In the past I would avoid any awkward conversation it used to make me feel very uncomfortable. I still think I need to do more development around this area but I do try and attend to any situations that are difficult in a respectful manner.
- Need to work on more decisions making and declaring. I do feel like sometimes, I try and have everyone bests interest at heart and try to please them all. This is something I have really become aware of recently. I never really new this about myself. Sometimes a decision just has to be made.

Amiable
- Open to feelings
- Achieve good relationships (This is something I have been really working on).
- Supportive (This is something I have been really working on)
- Developing harmony
- Avoids conflicts and can give in to others. I do feel that when dealing with conflict my mind goes into overdrive and can loose focus on the issue in hand.

Actions 
More thinking and reflecting around difficult conversations/conflict resolution. Initiate these conversations and take action.
- Making Decisions (be more decisive). Don't be afraid to give an answer.






No comments:

Post a Comment